Saturday, June 25, 2011

i'm now married to a doctor

It's been 2 weeks since our wedding. Before I start sharing my stories about the days leading to the wedding and on the wedding day itself, I thought I'd share some pictures of my husband getting his doctorate degree in Physical Therapy. He officially finished his school term last December 2010 but their commencement was only held last May 2011.

Three days before flying to Manila, we drove 300++ plus miles to attend his commencement program. We went straight to Jethro's BBQ when we reached Des Moines, IA for dinner. Afterwards we checked in on our hotel room for the night.

Early morning, we checked out of the hotel and went to the Iowa Events Center. I can't be more proud when I saw Topher in his toga and his name on the list, Dr. Christopher dela Rosa.

how his name will be called once he climbed the stage
Topher and his classmates
I'm beaming with pride at this point, however I can't clap and shout as I'm concentrating on getting good pictures from afar
A Hooding Ceremony is a special recognition ceremony for doctoral degree candidates during which a faculty advisor and the Dean of Graduate Academics place the doctoral hood, signifying his or her success in completing the graduate program.
me and my doctor ;)

I have this feeling that this is not the last time that I'm attending his graduation program. :))


2 comments:

Dea said...

Congratulations to your husband! You must be mighty proud!

And grabe, you're so pretty, ha! I love your curls. :)


~Dea
http://deaguwapa.com

ålêng said...

Hi Dea! Hahaha, thanks, effort ang magkulot! :p nagmaganda talaga para sa graduation. ;) yep, uber proud wife.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails