Thursday, October 14, 2010

craft store: Michaels

Admittedly, I am one of those kids way back in grade school that collects stationery, stickers and love anything made by Sanrio. Up to this day, I still have those things tucked away in my closet. It takes me back into that special time whenever I see them. So imagine my happiness when I found out about craft stores here. A whole HUGE place dedicated to crafts, papers, stickers and everything I love.


There are 3 nationwide craft stores that I know of: Michaels, Hobby Lobby and Jo-Ann's. There is a Hobby Lobby just near our place and it's huge. I can literally spend the whole day just browsing their aisles. Micheals are more common, Jo-Ann's is still a place that I have to visit, soon!


So anyway, between Hobby Lobby and Micheals, the latter has a wider selection of wedding things and knick-knacks available. I thought I'd share some of them.

(wedding and ribbon aisles)
(ready-made invitation suites; all you need is to print the wordings)
(i find this pretty and in our color)
(more wedding invites)
(wax seals and wax stamps)
(wax seals, letter initials are also available)
(wax stamps; i see it in gold, silver and red)
(bubble wands; i'm thinking of getting some)
(zooming in)
(wedding favor tin cans)
(wedding favor containers)
(wedding favor containers)
(favor boxes)
(favor candies; expensive here, better to buy in bulk at Costco)
(humorous cake toppers, cute!)
(ready-made confetti)

At the middle of the store, materials for crafts are endless. Since I'll be doing our own invites, I bought some items that we'll need with the project.
(hi-tech trimmers and cutters for every need)
(i got the one at the lower right, a bit fancy but worth-it, and hey, the store is on sale!)
(punches of every shape and size that you can imagine)
(punches for borders, super nice but expensive)
(star punches in different sizes)
(craft boxes)
(cardstock paper for every occasion)
(individual cardstock papers)
(pretty star paper)


(wall of stamps, of course stamp pads are also available :D)
(be a star!)
(more star stamps)
(wall of ribbons, in plain and printed designs)
(cute!)
For the paper materials needed for our wedding invites, I'll actually be buying online (Anchor Paper) since it's more cheap to buy it in bulk. Tools and everything else, I can get here!


2 comments:

lynne said...

Hi Aleng!

It's been a while since I visited your blog and I like the changes that you have made ;)

Heard about your lola's passing and I'm sorry for your loss.

Thanks for posting about Michaels. I will try to look here if there's one too.

Happy preps aleng ;)

Lynne

ålêng said...

hi Lynne :)

Thanks for liking the changes. I felt the need to spice it up a bit. Salamat din for the thoughts about Lola. I truly miss her. But I know she's in a better place now.

I'm sure may Michaels din dyan sa Indiana!! :) Try to check their website, locate a store nearest you. Maaaliw ka with their bridal aisle. :) Happy Shopping.

aleng :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails