Monday, September 05, 2011

i made my Groom cry

June 11, 2011

I've seen enough wedding SDEs to know that there are grooms who cry on their wedding day. I asked Topher if he would cry once he saw me walking down the aisle, his answer -  maybe. I was actually just teasing him. I mean if he was moved to tears once he saw me walking down the aisle, that's awesome, if not that's ok too. While doing our misalette, I asked if we should create our own personalized vow for each other and he declined.  I know him well enough to know that he may uncomfortable with reading his vow in front of hundreds of people. We designed and created the misalette to know how the ceremony will flow. However, God has other plans.

As I started to walk down the aisle and my parents met me halfway, I saw my Tatay crying. It was one of the few occasions that I saw my Tatay cry and that almost undid it for me. I had to tell him jokes about not crying so that I will not cry myself.


Then we started to walk to the altar, to the man I will be marrying again. I am sooo happy to see him. I missed him since we haven't seen each other since breakfast that morning. My parents handed me over to Topher and I kiss Mama and Papa. Then we made our way to the altar and Fr. Allen started the mass.

The homily was incredible. Fr. Allen's words were full of lessons and stories and jokes in between. He even sang a song for us. After the lighting of the candle, it was time for the vows. Fr. Allen asked us if we have any personalized vows that we would be reciting, we told him we don't have any. He then instructed us to think of any message that we would want to say to one another after the vows. This made me nervous but I know what I wanted to tell Topher. So after the vows, I gave him my message "As early as 14 years ago when we first met, I will always be here for you. You are the only person that I cannot live without. I love you." And my Groom starting crying. When he gave me his message "Thank you for being there for me, through good memories and through tough times. I really appreciate it. I love you." I started tearing up too.


That made our vows more special. Although the message is short, it was heartfelt and honest and it is what we were feeling at that moment. It is priceless and I am eternally grateful for Fr. Allen for giving that moment to us.

Next came the blessing of the Arrhae, Rings and Bible and then the Lighting of the Unity Candle. Then it was the laying of the Veil and Cord and then the Nuptial Blessing. After the communion, the ceremony was concluded and we were presented as Husband and Wife in the eyes of our family and friends and importantly, in the eyes of God. And then we kissed and hugged. It was such an amazing moment.


After signing the marriage contract/license (again!), it was the pictorials inside the church and then the recessional. We informed the guest to proceed to the reception venue while we are shooting pictures around Caleruega. It was my parents who waited for us to finish, then we all proceeded to the venue.

Traffic is not as horrible northbound but still the usual 30 minute drive took almost an hour and I'm scared that the guests may have not been able to figure out where the reception venue is. The relief I felt when I saw the number of cars park was so great, I can almost touch it. Guests made it! :) And our OTD team happily reported that people are having fun getting their coffee and photos taken while waiting for us. Awesome! We were led to the room that we would stay the night and my HMUA team is still there. How I love them. They really waited for me, for my retouch. I started eating some appetizers while Ms. Chichi is retouching my make-up. Then we were led to the reception place for the program to start.

We had our Father-Daughter and Son-Mother dance, and then Topher and I had our first dance to Incubus' Admiration. I love that song. And then it was cake-cutting time! Afterwards, it was pictorial time with each table so that the guests can start eating! I'm sure they're hungry because I am. While having dinner, we had the games and the AVP presentation that Topher created was shown. It was our growing up years. Then our SDE was shown, and I'm happy with the output. Topher was almost moved to tears again!

A few messages from our families and godparents and then before we know it, the reception program is finished! We didn't really got to eat since we had photo booth pictures with family and friends. I went over the suppliers who were having their dinner and I'm glad they've got to eat properly. I saw them lining to the Starbucks kiosk too, I'm happy they had a good time too. After all the guests left and most of the suppliers, we retreated to our room and was sooo happy and glad that the wedding is a success. God is truly great to us.

2 comments:

aime said...

Pretty bride!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Aleng! I've been to Coron before and it really is a paradise! Try Puerto Princesa next time, it's another beautiful place to visit. =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails