Wednesday, April 14, 2010

chicago bridal expo

Attending bridal expos is one of those "task" that every bride welcomes. It's the best place to search for suppliers that would fit the budget and theme that the bride envisions. There had been 3 bridal expos that was held in Manila since I started planning our wedding and sad to say, I had to ask my sister to check the expo for me. Booking suppliers at those events is usually economical, not only you can see their work for yourselves, they usually give freebies on top of the package that they offer. Had things been different, and we are home in Manila, I'm sure we'll be attending each and every one of them.

On the bright side, I scored some free tickets for the Bridal Expo here in Chicago. I got them free just by signing-up in TheKnot.com and then the tickets came after a few days. Isn't that neat!? :) I asked Lei and Joni to attend the expo with me, however only Lei was available that weekend since Joni had a continuing ed that she needed to attend to.


We seriously had fun at the expo, there were many exhibitors but I'm mainly interested with gowns and invitations. Seeing the gowns up close is a lot different that seeing them on a magazine spread. You get see how they feel, how they look up close and how the dress falls. The highlight of the expo was the fashion show that showcases the latest trends and gowns in the wedding industry. There are many gowns that catches my fancy but I know they're way too expensive. Then there are these 2 dresses that I can't stop thinking about. They are just phenomenal at the runway, it does help that the model wearing them was gorgeous and skinny. Haha.
from Justin Alexander
from Stephen Yearick
*all photos are from Bridal Expo (except for the tickets, I took that one myself). We did brought cameras, however we were too wrapped up with the events to take any photos!



3 comments:

lynne said...

Hi Aleng! Ive been viewing your blog since I came across your exhange of messages in weddings at work yahoogroups. I checked it out and found out you live well not really near but I would still say near our place. Im residing here in Indiana and I am also doing the preparations overseas and I dont know really how to do it though Ive been viewing sites na din thanks to w@work. Anyhow, I really need help and I have a long way to go in preparation and of course I need to adjust settling here (came here a month ago) to be with my husband. Your blog is an inspiration aleng ;) I should have known you before coming here. ;)

ålêng said...

Hi Lynne! ;) I knew it, nasa Indiana ka. Nung sinabi mo kasi na you're about 2 hours from Chicago, Indiana na agad naisip ko. Regarding the preps, it helps kung may gagawa ng legwork for you sa Manila. Para you can scout for the suppliers, then i-prioritize mo yung mga gusto mo, then once you made a decision, you can ask someone in Manila to forward the money for reservation.

Natuwa naman ako, na-inspire kita sa blog na'to. Anyway, if you need any help, just let me know, I may be able to help. :)

lynne said...

hi aleng! ngayon ko lang ulit navisit blog mo.

di ko na nakikita posts mo sa weddings at work. anyway, we are trying to make save the date cards and nakita ko yung sayo.. pano ba gumawa nun? i photo shop ko? im not a techie person kasi e.;)

Thanks thanks!
can I add you up in facebook? ;) wala pa ako masyado friends dito sa US.;)

Lynne

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails