Monday, January 17, 2011

hired!!!

Yay!!! A month and a half spent searching for a job and it finally happened! Last January 05, 2011; I received one of the best news I've ever had through a phone call. The hiring manager called and offered me the job!
(my reaction upon hearing the great news!)
I received the employee welcome packet the day after, and that was when I called the HR department regarding the concern that I have for the wedding. I know that I should be up-front with the company with our wedding taking place on June 2011. The hiring manager actually had a couple of concerns about my pre-scheduled leave and thankfully, they understood and I was allowed a 3-week leave for the wedding.

I started work last Thursday, Jan 13, 2011. The job is comparable with the work that I had with Trend before, so I know that I won't be having a hard time with the job responsibilities. I just have to train myself again with the work schedule. Being out of the workforce for more than 2 years had taken it's toll on my daily routine. It was really tough to get out of bed at 6 in the morning, so I need to work on that. The first two days were basically meetings with the HR and technical trainings. I'm lucky that this company celebrates all the minor holidays, which is why I am able to write this entry now. It's MLK (Martin Luther King) Day today!

My workplace is a bit far, it's a 25mi drive from our place and that means that I had to get my own car. It's way too far for Topher to drop me off and pick me up after work. Two days before starting work, I bought my car (Scarlett)! She's a red 2005 Accord Coupe and I love her! :)

I thank God for this blessing, it's sooo nice to start the year on a positive and productive note!


5 comments:

Vanessa said...

Congratulations on your new job, A! :) What a great way to start the year!

ålêng said...

thanks Vee! :) yep, it's a great way to start the year! productive, hehe

Jhan said...

Congrats Sis!

LA + AJ said...

Sis! :) bongga may car agad :) sa Trend Micro ka pala? grabe super hirap daw makapasok dun ah :) anyhoooooo..congrats on your new job!!! :) saglit nalang wedding niyo na..weeeeeee! can't wait to see the pics!

ålêng said...

Thanks Jhan! ;)

LA! Thanks for still visiting my blog ;) Naku sis, necessity ang car kasi dito. I wish na sana may public transpo from our place to my workplace, kaso wala eh. :)) Anyway, onga sis, ambilis na ng mga araw, onting buwan na lang June na!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails