Thursday, September 16, 2004

that cool place

Baguio City has always been a great vacation spot for me. Every year, my entire family will go there (around the 3rd week of December) to experience the coolness of the city. Last December, it was like 8 degrees C, it was really freakin' cold that we even have to buy mittens.

Last August 21 I again went to Baguio City. Just me and Borgy. We are there to celebrate our 7th anniversary. I thought, instead of celebrating our anniversary the same as the last 6 (which starts with buying him a gift, then dining out and watching movie) we could go to somewhere different. At first my plan is just to go to Tagaytay and spend the entire weekend there, since Tagaytay is very accessible. So I already have a plan in mind. That time I'm not expecting borgy to have a plan since he's really busy with the Board Exams Review.

While in the office, I chatted with dear college friends, Tin and Neo, they are also having their anniversary that month. I asked them on how they are going to spend it, they said they are planning on going to a different place. They are thinking about going to Baguio. So they asked me, since we do go to Baguio religiously every year, about where to stay, how is the fare, etc. So I... being a good friend (hahaha), i checked several websites on Baguio hotels and inns. I got the phone number of Victory Liner Pasay, I asked how much is the fare going to Baguio. P350 one way/person. They I also asked about the new Microtel Inn and Suites, I was able to see this hotel last time I went there, and the place was really nice. I called the hotel and I found great news... they have a promo until September. Single and double room are only P1500/night. Complementary breakfast included. So I got myself thinking... We can just to Baguion too! I made reservations under my name and one for Neo and Tin. I made a 2 night reservation coz I think that an overnight stay is just too short.

August was a rainy month, and that time there was even a storm. We were hesistant to proceed with the plan since it was raining non-stop for almost a week. Then came August 21. We were blessed that the storm is over. I forgot to mention that Borgy's mom is also celebrating her birthday that day. We arrived at the bus terminal, around 10 pm, we were able to get into the 10:30 pm ride to Baguio. I realized while traveling that it was really much easier to travel at night. I mean, there was no traffic, few cars were traveling, fewer bus stops. We arrived at Baguio around 3:30 am. It was SOOOO early! I'm thinking that we will be arriving at around 6 in the morning. Our usual Baguio trips are 7-8 hours. There were a couple of taxi drivers giving contact number of different hotels and inns. Before going to Baguio, I was able to find a different inn for half the price. P750 with breakfast. So I also made reservations on that place. It was the Baden Powell Inn. We stay for about half an hour in the Victory Liner terminal, thinking where we will go. Check-in time at most hotels are 2 pm. Around 4 am, I called the B.Powell Inn, I asked if we can avail of the room that I have reserved. The person I talked to said that we can go the inn. So we hailed a taxi, told the driver the name of the inn. After seeing the place, I was really discouraged. The location was at the old terminal, in between countless stalls of sari-sari store. I was thinking, I'm in Baguio for a vacation and this is not the place that I was hoping for. Anyhow, we went inside, met the receptionist. We were told that the P750 room is still occupied, and that we can just stay in a "temp" room waiting for the occupants to go. We decided to check the room, and I did not like it. It was like a dormitory. The hallway was really eerie as well as the rooms. The lady who came with us said that we can check the P1000 room, it was a little nicer compared to the other room but still, I do not like it. We just told the lady that we would like to check some other place.

We hailed a cab, went to Session Road found a hotel. I forgot the name, and unfortunately, it was already packed. I then remembered the Baguio Condotel. So we walked and went there to see if there are any vacancies. The guard on duty took us to the vacant room. The place was nice. I was really pretty, clean and it even has a tiny kitchen. Unfortunately, we cannot afford it. I'm getting cranky and pissed because we don't have a place to stay, we are tired from carrying our heavy bags. I called Microtel Inn checking if we can already check-in. She said that we can only check-in at 2 pm yada yada. Bummer. Mukha kaming kawawa. I was really annoyed with our situation. It was only 6 in the morning , meaning we still have to wait for 8 hours before we can get a place.

We saw an open fast food resto. So just decided to eat an early breakfast. We stayed there for an hour. I want to go to mass, but we are not sure on what time the mass starts so we just stayed at Burnham Park. Sat on the bench and waited.

taking pictures while waiting

Around 7:30, I asked Borgy if we can go to Mass. So we walked until we reached the Baguio Cathedral. We got just in time for the 8 am mass. Afterwards we went to SM Baguio, which was so near to the church. You'll just cross that street and there it is. I was able to go to SM baguio last year but the stalls were not all opened. We then decided to eat our lunch there. I saw a petshop inside the mall. We both love dogs. There were many dogs in the shop but the Siberian Husky and the Sharpei were the ones that I like. Man, these dogs are expensive. The husky costs 20k and the sharpei was 15k.

We took our lunch at Tokyo Tokyo. hehehe. Our favorite fast food place. Ordered the usual Sumo Beef Misono and Yakisoba. Around 12 we decided to proceed to Microtel Inn, thinking that we can just wait for a room to be free from occupants. Take note that we are still carrying our big heavy bags while wandering the city of Baguio. When we got to the hotel, which was really near SM Baguio. I fill-out the necessary information while Borgy was reading the Sunday newspaper. After 5-10 mins, they said our room was ready. Thank God! I now can rest. After a much needed shower, I slept like a baby.

That evening we ate dinner at a local turo-turo down in Session Road near Bayanihan. I thought eating there would be much cheaper, hehehe I was wrong. Anyway after dinner we went to ukay-ukay! Yipee! I was able to buy 3 tops. Borgy was looking for a jacket. Secondhand jackets are still expensive, probably because he was looking for North Face jackets. hahaha When left the ukay ukay, it started raining so hard!

The next day, we went down in the lobby for breakfast. Ang dami naming kinain! The food was really great! We went sight-seeing after. We went to the Wright Park, The Mansion and to Mines View. Later that evening, we went back to SM Baguio to have our dinner. We ate at Don Henrico's. Go there for the Best Lasagna. Then it got so foggy that night. We can hardly see anything.

It was really foggy! 

The next day we prepared to go home. Definitely going to Baguio with Borgy was very fun. It meant a lot to me that we get to spend quality time together. We have tons of fun going to different scenic spots and trying different foods. I just hope that we could go to a different place next. Boracay or Cebu would be really nice.

last minute pictures

I really liked the black and white picture. It's unusual and it feels like it has so much depth in it. I miss Baguio already, I wish we could go back again soon.

2 comments:

franz said...

wow! kami rin kya? :D sayang di ko pa makita yung pics nyo. down ata ung fotobucket ngyn. silipin ko nlng uli next tym. :D

franz said...

nakita ko na! ang cute nyo naman!! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails