Wednesday, March 17, 2010

video, oh video

Since the start of the year, I've been trying to prepare for our church wedding. I'd like to start and book suppliers as soon as possible, as time is always of the essence. Early booking means I get to book the first option that we wanted and not settle for the nth option in case the first was already booked.

At the moment, we've already paid and booked our church, caterer and the photographer to reserve our date. We're still deciding on the reception venue and still searching for a good but affordable videographer. It is really a daunting task. As a member of w@w (weddings @ work), I've been exposed to a number of videographers. Of course the good ones burn will a huge hole in one's pockets. The like of Jason Magbanua, Mayad Studios, Threelogy, Bob Nicholas etc. Then there's the middle range that's more bang for your buck like Phoeben Teocson, Buddy Gancenia, Chug Cadiogan, Garry Garza, Redefine Weddings, Bordoy Viterbo, John De Guzman etc.

It's so hard to keep in budget and pick a good videographer. We will definitely exceed the budget that I'm setting for the both photo/video. *sigh* Oh well, I guess we have to grin and bear it, as these will be the momentos that we get to keep after the wedding.

At the moment, here are the shortlist of the videographers which we are choosing from:


Redefine Weddings. They are also known as Jayson and Jo Anne Arquiza. One of w@w's supplier of the year. We are seriously thinking of getting them, just hope that they would reply soon.


Daniel Lei Studio. Another w@w favorite. I like their STD (no, not the disease!), Save The Date as it usually tells a story about the couple. I've emailed them regarding their video packages, unfortunately I would have to wait 'til June to book them. They are not booking yet for June 2011. I guess I'm a bit excited! :)


Bong Videos. They are still fairly new to the business, but I've read good reviews for them. And since they are still new, their rates are still affordable.

This list is just for the moment, I may change my mind again (!) and search for another set. I would really want to have a SDE that will be shown on the reception, but we'll see if budget still permits! Getting married nowadays is sooooo expensive!

Comments are welcome by the way! Feel free to check each videographer's link and watch their SDE. I'll take note of your comments while choosing our videographer! Thanks! :)


2 comments:

bongvideos said...

Hello :) Thanks for considering us. Even if you don't get us being on your list is already an honor. Good luck with the search and best wishes :)

- Bong Fernandez
http://www.BongVideos.com

ålêng said...

Hi Bong! Thanks for visiting, funny that you've stumbled upon my blog! ;) Thanks for the well wishes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails