Friday, May 07, 2010

dress shopping at Eva's Bridal Orland Park

Last May 1st, we (Jo, Acy and I) have another appointment for dress shopping. Eva's Bridal was the smallest shop that I've visited so far and it's not as kept as the others that we visited. Having been to other bridal shops before, I knew what to except. After registration, the consultant, Naomi asked me to come with her and asked me about the dresses that I liked, my price point and all the other usual questions. I was actually pretty excited about this trip since they do carry Maggie Sottero, Pronovias and Aire Barcelona dresses. I did my assignment and printed out some picture of the dresses that I would want to try on. Naomi led me to a room where they have the Pronovias and their other lines like La Sposa, San Patrick etc. I think I pulled 2 dresses from that place and then she pulled some Maggie Sotero dresses from the copy that I've given her.

Good thing that my friend Joni (thanks dear!) came along with me this time, she helped me dress up. The consultant that was assigned to me kept on going out of the room and doing other things. I was actually a bit annoyed about it, she's not much help. I'm also disappointed with their selection, the dresses that I wanted to try are not available. I was looking for something that looks like the Demetrios dress that I tried on before and the La Sposa line have some dresses that looked like it but their shop doesn't have samples.

There are some good things though, they carry sample dresses that are price reduced and they fall under my budget. Also the weekend when we went, they have an ongoing sale, 30% off the whole store. They actually offered to order the Demetrios dress that I want and they gave it to me at a pretty decent sale price. The 2 other brides-to-be that I came with (Jo and Acy) have found their dresses respectively at Eva's! I'm really happy for them.

As for me, I still have a lot (of dress and shops) to cover in terms of finding the right one. I haven't even been to a David's Bridal store, which I plan to visit sometime soon and I also plan to check other smaller boutiques that are carrying Maggie Sottero and Demetrios dresses around Chicagoland. Come July,  Filene's Basement Running of the Bride's event will be held in Chicago and I plan to visit and participate!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails