Wednesday, June 23, 2010

dress shopping at Priscilla of Boston

First of all, I LOOOOOVE the dresses at Priscilla of Boston. Second, I CAN'T afford them, pull stop. Last June 14, I received an email from Priscilla of Boston. The subject line, "Blowout Sample Sale – 1 Day Only!" My heart stopped. I was filled with glee and immediately checked if the salon nearest will be participating. Bless them, they are. The Blowout Sample Sale will be on June 18, Friday from 8am 'til 7pm.


However, something happened the day before (a different entry for that). That night, I decided to not visit the salon. The next morning, Topher took the car with him to work, so here I was alone at home. I debated with myself if I should still visit the salon in Oakbrook Terrace. At 2pm, I decided, I needed to go. I HAVE to go. Took a quick shower and took the bus to Topher's workplace. It was my first time to commute here around Westmont, and it was an experience. I did learned a couple of things.


As soon as I got to Topher's workplace, I called him up and let him know that I'm already inside the car and will be on my way to the salon. The Priscilla of Boston salon was near our place, just a 10 minute drive. When I got there, the place was packed and I had to circle the parking lot twice for a space. So then I got in, and there were rows and rows of dresses. Heaven.

Just to give you an idea, the salon is POSH. I would have never visited if not for the sample sale. Their gowns were priced normally at $3,000 to $5,000 and above. You can count the dresses that falls under 2 grand with your fingers. Sample sale dresses are usually a size 8 or 10. I know it seems big but I was told that wedding dresses run big on sizes. For example, if you're usually a size 4 or 6, you can definitely fit in the sample dresses. Sample dresses are usually those that are used as samples and are discountinued dresses from the previous season. You'll buy them as it is, meaning you cannot order the gown. You can have it hemmed and cleaned though.

So anyway, when I got there, the wedding consultants explained how the dresses are arranged and that I could try on 4 dresses at a time only. A lovely pregnant lady assisted me, asked what type of dress I wanted and what silhoutte. I said that I wanted a fit anf flare gown, can also be an A-line dress with dropped waist. She pulled 5 dresses for me and stacked them in the dressing rom. Their dressing room was the biggest that I've seen. It even has a couch, and a vanity table. Yup, it's that big!

I noticed that the dresses that they have are very well made. One may think that it's simple and plain but when I tried them on, WOW. It just fits perfectly. I checked their prices and most of them ranges from 900 to 1200 with the discount. See, they're expensive!

Gown 1: The first that I've tried on, I love this dress the most.  I like the rouching at the middle part, very forgiving for the tummy area but the shape still gives a fit and flare silhouette. And I love the bling in the bust area.
Gown 2: I love the details at the bust area. I love a sweetheart neckline and this have it with a very cool pleating/rushing. It has a dropped waist that I also loved. It did fit me very well.
Gown 3: I forgot if this is the very same gown, but it looks a lot like it. I love the lace and tulle fabric but I'm not crazy on how the dress cuts the body before the knees. Made me look smaller.
Gown 4: This is actually a very cool gown. It's like a geisha dress. If you look closely, the belt looks like an Obi belt and then the back details is amazing. And I also love the rhinestone on the belt. However I find the dress a bit heavy and it's a bit to shiny for my taste.
There was actually another gown that I've tried on, but I can't find a picture of it anywhere! How did the day ended? I didn't bought my gown here. I planned to return actually before the shop closes at 7pm but decided against it. It was a very nice experience and from what I saw, a great number of brides got their dress that day.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails