Monday, June 07, 2010

(std) save the date postcards

June is here! Next year, right about this time, we're back home (yey!) in Manila making last minute preps for the wedding. Anyway, back to the wedding preps, I've yet to do our revised monograms, which is a bit ironic considering the number of monograms I've created for other brides. I'll start on it maybe this week.

We just got back from a vacation (will do a separate post on that) and still on vacation mode but I decided to get back on the wedding preps. I've created some Save the Dates with the intention of doing them as magnets. But then I've read some really helpful tips on the Wedding Bee. There are several brides which chose to have their STDs as postcards. It got me thinking on doing the same path. I weighed the costs and doing the STDs as postcards are the most economical way to go. I discovered Vista Print (from the Wedding Bee forum) and they offer FREE postcards! I just have to pay for the shipping ($6.55) and then there's an additional fee ($3.47) if I'll be using my own design. It's still way more cheap than doing the STD as magnets. With the magnet STD, it's a separate cost for the picture paper, self-adhesive magnet paper, cardboard to put the magnets on, envelopes and stamps.

I used the photos that we got from the photo shoot (thanks again Lei and Randy) in doing the Save the Dates. I patterned some layouts from the STDs that I found from the Wedding Paper Diva and I think they turned out great! Now I can't choose which one to use.




Topher likes the 2nd one best, so does my Nanay. But for the life of me, I still can't choose. I know now how it feels like when I make the monograms for other brides and they can't choose! Hahaha.


1 comment:

Natalie said...

Hi! Nice! While invites are not yet final and printed, you can send this to guests first. Or post sa wedsite or blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails