Thursday, December 09, 2010

diy invitation: cost analysis

A couple of people have asked me how much I've spent on our Star-ry invitations. I know that it is definitely less that having them done here professionally. However, comparing it to the cost of invitations done in Manila, it may be more. What I loved with this project is that I can use all the materials (read: trimmer, bone folder, ribbons, adhesive) for other paper projects related to the wedding. I have tons of scraps of the Stardream Ruby and Silver and I just know where to use it.

Here is the cost breakdown:
  • Stardream Invitation Envelope A7 (envelopemall.com) - $24.35 (shipping included)
  • Stardream Ruby for the Pocket fold (anchorpaper.com) - $51.20
  • Stardream Silver for the mats (anchorpaper.com) - $13.80
  • Recycled Classic Linen for the Invites and Inserts (anchorpaper.com) - $29.75
  • Shipping Cost from Anchor Paper - $12.13
  • Silver Ribbon for belly band (Divisoria) - $5.00 
  • Fiskars Trimmer (Michaels) - $23.99
  • Terrifically Tacky Tape 1/4 inch (Michaels) - $2.99
  • Bone Folder (Michaels) - $0.99
  • Fiskars Scoring Blade (widgetsupply.com) - $5.28 (shipping included)
  • Terrifically Tacky Tape 1/8 inch, 10 rolls (joanns.com)-  $15.83

Grand total is: $185.31 for 110 invitations. About $1.69 per invite, more or less Php74 with today's conversion. I'm seeing a projection of only about 80 invites needed so I have many extras at hand. Good souvenir huh? :) I have not include the postage to guests here in US, but that's only minimal. I plan to send the invites to NJ to a good friend who will be going home to Manila for the holidays and that saves us a LOT on postage.

One thing that you have to consider before tackling a DIY wedding invitation project is TIME. I have plenty of time on my hands which is why I choose to do this project. I dedicated sooo many hours on completing the project. But I loved the finished product and the pride that I have whenever I saw them knowing that I've made and completed it is priceless. They're fabulous!

I hope this helps!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails