Friday, December 31, 2010

thank you 2010, hello 2011

Less than 12 hours from now marks the start of a new year in this side of the world. I have soo much to be thankful for the past year. Although we've lost our Lola Cute, I do know that she's in a better place, we just miss her terribly. On a happier note, 2010 had been another great year of travel for us. We got to visit neighboring states like Wisconsin (snowboarding, Easter Sunday at Holy Hill and Lake Geneva for Labor Day); Michigan (Tulip Festival and apple picking); Indiana (Indianapolis trip); Iowa (Des Moines) and Missouri (St. Louis). We also got to visit Florida (Key West!), New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts (Boston!). Whew! We've certainly been around! And of course I went back to Manila for my Lola.

It was also the year when we got to watch a handful of concerts! It started with the Q101 Jamboree (Three Days Grace, Seether, Hollywood Undead, Papa Roach, Puddle of Mudd, Saliva, Janus, Story of the Year and Coheed & Cambria) then Weezer, Goo Goo Dolls, Switchfoot, Offspring, 311, Stone Temple Pilot, Cage the Elephant, Deftones and Alice in Chains. I know we can top this list next year, the bands that we love are releasing new albums!

Big things that we thankful for:
- Topher finishing his transitional Doctorate in Physical Therapy degree this December
- Topher finding a great employer that sponsored our Permanent Resident (aka Greencard) application
- I-140, I-485, EAD and AP finally filed at the USCIS
- receiving our EAD a few weeks before, me finally allowed to work
- countless blessing in both our families

Another thing I'm grateful for is technology! I got to see and be with the family in Manila as they celebrate and welcome the New Year! Fireworks, food and everything in between! I love Facetime! If there is a reason to buy an Apple product, it's because of this!


I am very much looking forward to 2011! I'm excited to make use of that EAD and finally work! And of course, we are super excited for our wedding on June and finally making our way back to Manila again! See family and friends, explore the beauty of the Philippines, eat Filipino food that we can't find and eat here!

A blessed and prosperous New Year to one and all! Manigong Bagong Taon!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails