Friday, December 10, 2010

meeting Richelle Mead

Richelle Mead's book signing for the Last Sacrifice tour starts at 7pm. We're running late. We left the house 15 minutes before 6pm but due to the horrendous traffic in I-90, we barely got there in time. The venue is at the school auditorium of Northside Preparatory High School in downtown Chicago.

She started with reading a chapter on the book. She chose one that's not too revealing, conscious of readers who haven't started on the book yet. After reading an excerpt of the book, she proceeded to Q&A. Unfortunately, she cannot disclose much information about the spin-off. Although she mentioned that she did an interview with a national magazine which will be released this weekend with more information about the spin-off, I just forgot if it is Entertainment Weekly or something else. Someone in the audience also asked about the VA movie. She said that the rights have already been bought, but there is no casting happening yet, no movement with regards to the movie production. She asked the audience to spread the word that the information online (IMDB says a movie is in the works and will be released in 2012) are untrue.

(many fans came in for the book-signing)
(answering the Qs from the audience)

She mentioned a few guidelines on the book signing and taking pictures, make it easier on everyone who are in queue for the book signing. And then she started signing books! ;)

(sneaking a picture before my turn)
I asked Topher to stay in the queue with me, so that I can have 6 books signed (3 books per person, 1 personalized and 2 autographed). Also to have him take my pictures while she's signing my books.

(Richelle Mead and me!)
Upon meeting her, she immediately said that she likes my scarf! ;) Cool huh? And then while she was signing my books, I asked if she has plans of visiting Manila. I told her that she has a huge fan base back at home. She explained that she's not the one who's in-charge of picking the places where she'll go. Usually places that are picked are those that are locally publishing the book. In the case of Manila, she said that we import the books from the US and there was no local publisher who usually takes care of the finances. I joked and told her that maybe we should sign a petition to bring her in Manila. She laughed. She mentioned that she have good friends in Seattle who are Filipino and they have been inviting her to visit the Philippines with them. I seconded that and promoted the Philippines even more. So hopefully she'll visit soon. :)

(making small talk while she's signing)

She noticed my books as well, commented that she knows which ones are mine since I had them covered. Also said that the uncovered ones are most probably for friends. :) She's really soooo nice and so cool. I'm extremely grateful for having the chance to meet her.

Excuse me for now, I'll start reading VA: Last Sacrifice. :)

(personalized message on my favorite VA book so far)
(personalized message on Last Sacrifice :D)
 

2 comments:

rainbow said...

buti kapa sis, inggit ako. Maybe next time...

lyn

ålêng said...

:) there's always next time sis! may spin-off pa naman so there's still a chance for you to meet her!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails