Thursday, December 30, 2010

Vera Wang for David's Bridal

Yep, you've read it right. It's Vera Wang for David's Bridal! The Vera Wang. I was flipping through a couple of bridal magazines when an article caught my eye. I thought I read it wrong, but no! It was definitely an O-M-G moment for me. How can they do this?! Now, when I've already burned Topher's pocket with my Demetrios gown. Freakin' unfair!!!

Someone posted a link of the dresses from the Wedding Bee hive. It was Vera Wang herself guesting in Oprah, talking about the her new line, WHITE by Vera Wang for David's Bridal. It was said that the line will be available Spring 2011. There was this one dress that I absolutely LOOOOVE! Here are some of the dresses from the line:

(Vera Wang in Oprah)
(one-shoulder, crinkle chiffon-draped gown)
(halter-neck chiffon gown features a draped charmeuse bodice and floral corsage with grosgrain ribbon at its empire waist)
(delicately pleated bodice in netting and chiffon, features illusion straps and a floral corsage at its dropped waist)
(strapless chiffon and net gown that has a tucked bodice and is detailed with delicately gathered draping at the dropped waist)
(strapless taffeta, asymmetrically draped bodice features a sweetheart neckline and soft netting on a full ball gown skirt)
(one-shoulder mikado and structured organza fit-and-flare gown features a dropped waist and swirling draped skirt)
(strapless, satin-faced organza fit-and-flare long gown is detailed with lace appliqués and an asymmetrical pleated skirt)
(at front, illusion-edged V-neckline and scattered lace appliqués)
(inspired by Ivanka Trump's dress, features a short-sleeve, lace-illusion bodice with strapless, satin-faced organza full A-line skirt)
(strapless satin-faced organza ball gown has a diagonally draped bodice and an asymmetrically swirling draped ball gown skirt with floral corsage detailing)

And here is the dress that I ABSOLUTELY adore! It was inspired by Chelsea Clinton's gown!

(strapless structural organza fit-and-flare gown has a dropped waist and swirling draped skirt)
Isn't it absolutely Vera Wang? It was shown here in blush, but it will be available in ivory and soft white too. The dresses are said to retail between $600 to $1,400. A fraction of the price compared to her original line. *sigh* Hopefully, you dear readers will be able to get her dresses. I bet it will sell like hotcakes!

*all photos are grabbed from Oprah.com 

3 comments:

Anna Katrina Nillo said...

Damn! I'm now considering having it shipped. Do you think the last dress comes in white? I loved Chelsea Clinton's dress. I'll just have to add a jewel encrusted belt and it'll be perfect. Thanks for sharing. :)

Anna
05.12.2012
Tagaytay

ålêng said...

hi Anna, yeah I think the 3rd one comes in white. This is my personal favorite too. :)

Anna Katrina Nillo said...

Hi Aleng! They just released the prices for the White by Vera Wang collection. The strapless structural organza fit-and-flare gown is retailing for $1200. That's before taxes right? I'm set on having it shipped or brought home but I'm clueless what size to get.

Here are my measurements: 34 - 27 - 36 and I'm 5'6". The site says the gowns come in sizes 0 - 14. I'm assuming I'm a size 4, but I can't be sure. I'm thinking I might get the gown adjusted here, but of course I hope to have a near fit as much as possible.

Can you help?

Anna
05.19.2012
Caleruega | Balai Taal

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails