Wednesday, November 10, 2010

me: fickle-minded

A girl being fickle-minded is not ordinary. I know it happens to me from time to time. I try not to change my mind too much, specially on wedding matters. I fight it, I try to reason with myself. Because honestly, it costs a lot to change your mind when almost all suppliers have been booked.

So what's been buggin' me these days?

Reception Venue. Yep, it's that big. Don't get me wrong. I love our reception venue. I 'm delighted how it didn't disappoint me when I visited the place last July when I went home. The only thing is, I'm having some trouble with the size of it. According to the manager, it can accommodate 200 guests. But I think that's a stretch. We're only having 150 guests and I'm worried. One more thing that bugs me, I don't think we can have any stage for the reception program. There's a small space in front of the pavilion but I'm not sure if that will do. It's a great thing our caterer is accredited to the place. I need to ask Lace, our AE, on how the sit plan will look like.

HMUA. Unfortunately, I've encountered some not so good feedback with the HMUA that I booked. The feedback came from the e-group that I'm a part of. I know that all reviews should be taken with a grain of salt, but anyone reading a negative feedback about their supplier will do a double-take. I had the issue directed to my HMUA and asked her feedback about it. Although I still have confidence on her skills, it makes me think twice about going with my reservations. It doesn't help that my mom and sister is loving a different HMUA (my sister attend a make-up seminar under this HMUA). At the moment, it's status quo for the HMUA although I'm checking other HMUAs availability for our date.

Cake. I'm having extreme feelings about the cake. It's either I go all out (read: Joy San Gabriel) or not make a fuss about it at all. I don't want a cake just for aesthetic purposes. I wanted something that's good and yummy. I'm really hesitant in paying Php3,000+ just for out-of-town fee when that alone can buy 3-4 yummy cakes. LA's post made me realize that having cake buffet is a great idea. It will allow me to choose the cakes that I love (God knows how I love cakes!) but it will also be cheaper. Anyway, I'm not really feeling a traditional tiered-wedding cake. We've had one before on our civil wedding and it's only pretty to look at. We can't eat it! I just have to make sure that our caterer have cake stands available. It will look absolutely gorgeous on the dessert buffet. Oh, I'm planning to get brownies from Brownies Unlimited, we'll include Walnut Swirl at the desset buffet table.

(walnut swirl = LOVE)
Florist. First of all, I would love to get Vatel Manila for our entourage flowers. Dylan has been extremely patient and kind with all my inquiries. However, getting a single supplier for both church and entourage flowers will save me around Php8,000 as compared to getting 2 different suppliers for each. So it is with a heavy heart that I may have to forego getting Vatel Manila's services. I initially didn't want to spend much on flowers knowing that they will not last, but seeing Dylan's creation made me falter. The difference alone can pay for a back-up photographer's rates.

Back-up Photographer. Speaking of which, it made me realized that I really want one. I want TONS of photos of our wedding and having a back-up photographer will do just that. They will take care of angles and things that the main photographer may not cover. I have my list and will need to narrow it down based on portfolio and price.

Entourage Couturier. I need to decide on this real soon. I'm almost sure of booking Tito Boy Kastner Santos of Sheaths Couture for the entourage dresses. I have to finalize the dresses for the girls and for the moms. Soon!


2 comments:

LA + AJ said...

Wow sis, ang dami mong iniisip ah :) yes, mahal magpalit ng supplier! waaah! pero kung san ka mas magiging masaya, dun ka sis! :) Normally, we do get to have just one grand wedding :) [too bad, masyadong pinapagkaperhan ng suppliers yang line na yan..haha!] pero sis, I'm sure, sa huli, magiging OK din ang lahat! :D bongga! buti ikaw magkaka-cake buffet! :) ang caterer ko ata walang cake stands - i bet K by cunanan does! :)

ålêng said...

naku sis, ang dami talaga! parang may tug-of-war sa utak ko. sayang din kasi yung reservation fee, lalo na ang hirap pa naman kitain ng pera. hayyy, nakakaloka. anyway, salamat sa idea of wedding cake buffet! :) comedy ang nanay ko, sabi nya, "aleng, san naman natin itatago yung cakes before ng kasal mo?" sabi ko, sa kapitbahay, wehehe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails