Thursday, November 04, 2010

no more procrastination

Okay, so the paper that I ordered from Anchor Paper arrived last Oct 28. Just 3 days after I placed my order online. I actually found a cheaper place (EnvelopeMall.com) to get the Stardream paper however they do not offer customize cutting which I really need. It will make my life sooooo much easier to have a customize paper to start with. I did order my envelopes from them though.

The paper arrived packaged really nicely. It was inside a large box, the customized cut paper packaged in plastic. They were buried under a mass of peanut styrofoam. I also asked for the paper scrap from the custom cut, but I dunno if you can call them scraps! They are big and can be put to good use for other paper wedding projects. I'm already thinking of using them as backing for the table numbers.



I ordered 1 pack of 250 sheets of Recycled White Linen Classic (in Bright White) 8x11" in cover weight for the invitation and inserts. The extras can be used for misalettes, menu card, table card etc. I also ordered 110 pieces of Stardream Ruby in cover weight paper for the pocket folds itself. I had it custom cut to 7 x 15.75" so all I would need to do is score, fold and make the pointed flap. I also ordered 110 pieces of Stardream Silver 81#Text for the invitation backing. Had it custom cut to 6.75x4.75" but the minimum order is 300 pieces, so that what I have.

The envelopes, I ordered from EnvelopeMall.com. Their orders are in increments of 100. I initially planned on doing 110 invites but then I realized that I can easily buy envelopes at Michaels or other craft stores if needed. One thing I didn't pay much attention to are the envelopes itself. Apparently there are 2 types of them: Euro Flap and the Square Flap. I ordered the Square Flap but now decided that I preferred the Euro one. But it's really not much of a big deal. So anyway, I ordered 100 pcs of Stardream Silver envelopes.

I actually had some trouble finding a scoring blade Style F for the Fiskars cutter that I have. I needed a scoring blade to make the fold path and I can't find it anywhere on the craft stores that we checked. We went to Hobby Lobby, Michaels and Jo-Ann nearby. Defeated, I had no choice but to order the item online which turned out to be a good deal since the price are almost 75% off the ones on the store (if they had it). With shipping, it still turned out cheaper, so I'm very happy about that. Delivery time is fantastic as well. I'm now just waiting got the Terrifically Tacky Tape that I ordered online. I wanted one in 1/8" thick and again they don't have it on any of the stores that we visited.

At this time, I had about 46 pocket folds scored, folded and cut. 64 more to go and tape the pockets. I still need to create the ribbon band and monogram paper seal. Did I mention that I have to finish all this by December?

We're cutting cost on postage, so we'll need to have them taken home to Manila by our friends who will be visiting home in December. I seriously have a mountain of task to do.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails