Monday, July 05, 2010

the search for the Florist - Vatel Manila

I first read about Vatel Manila in w@w. I was reading Armi's supplier rating and ogling her gorgeous wedding pictures in sunny Boracay. I didn't pay attention to the flowers then, I was more mesmerized by the beauty of their other wedding details (starfish boutonniere anyone? =D) I then read Angel's supplier rating for her wedding, Vatel Manila popped again. A link was posted that directed to Vatel Manila's blog about their wedding. That time, the flowers I DID notice.

Gorgeous flowers that were beautifully arranged. I stalked the site, read it top to bottom twice. New arrangements seems more fab than the one before it. Mustered enough courage, I emailed Dylan. He answered almost immediately. First unfortunate news , he stopped doing church arrangement since summer of 2010, second he does not deliver flowers to Tagaytay. However he does Deliver-for-Pick-Up, meaning you meet him on a certain location to pick up the flowers. He did mentioned that he can go as far south as Alabang and SM Bacoor to deliver 'em.

While waiting for his quotation (I just turned in his information form today), I thought I'd share some of my favorites of his creations:
roses and two-toned Bouvardia
arrangements of roses, carnations, rice flowers of assorted colors,and Queen Anne's lace
bouquet made up of 12 large peonies. Wax flowers for texture and as filler
Haworthia attenuata; the Echeveria elagans (a.k.a. rose cactus) with Craspedia Globosa
(left) yellow pompon mums and rose succulents mini Cymbidium orchids (right) single large rose succulentand pompon mums with black crystals 
gloriosa orchids, all-purple Lisianthus and rice flowers (2 colors) and Eucalyptus wrap
pomanders of pink Gerberas & Alstromeria tied with brown ribbons
large fuchsia and lilac Ecuadorian roses with Queen Anne's Lace, yellow Craspedia globosa, blue Eryngiumcand chartreuse Cymbidium orchids
(no specific descriptions on theses bouquets but they are fabulous nonetheless)
(no specific descriptions on theses bouquets but they are fabulous nonetheless)
lilac anastacia crysanthemums with Queen Anne's lace, acrylic crystals and pink statice
vine balls with pink carnations, succulent shoots, ostrich wisps and a single black satin flower
flower pillows using all-white cluster Carnations with succulent shoots & Cattleya orchids (can't imagine anything more pretty!)
pink Alstromeria and black satin ribbons
out-of-season palm flowers locally known as 'bukinggan' and "crazy vine" 
Dylan himself has 2 sets of favorites that he likes (for now), you can read the first set here, and the second one here. I sincerely hope that the quotation that he'll send will be within the alloted budget and that we can look over the fact that someone still have to pick-up the flowers come wedding day. If not, I can still dream of these wonderful creations.

Vatel Manila
Dylan Yap Gozum
+63.915.383.8803
vatelmanila@gmail.com
http://vatelmanila.blogspot.com/

*all photos are grabbed from Vatel Manila's blog: vatelmanila.blogspot.com



3 comments:

Yumi's Blog said...

Pretty arrangement! Wish I can also try to make something like that. Thanks for sharing.

flower delivery in philippines

Beej said...

hi aleng! ako hanggang dream na lang... if only i saw him before i booked my florist...

ford said...

Lovely flowers they caught my attention! Wish someone also send me like that perfect for my vase.

flower Philippines

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails