Friday, July 02, 2010

booked: OTD coordinator, Emcee and Lights & Sounds

We've accomplished a lot in the last two weeks. We've been able to book our supplier for the Lights and Sounds, the Emcee and the OTD Coordinator.

Lights and Sounds: RejectKrewHonestly, I had a bit of trouble communicating with Elmer Bautista of RejectKrew. I've sent him an email and I haven't heard anything from him in a week. Good thing a fellow w@wie (Mich) offered to give him my email since they will be meeting with him later that afternoon. A day after, I received an email from Elmer explaining why he have not been able to reply immediately. He's one seriously busy man. He also mentioned that he's hesitant to accept bookings in Tagaytay as they are charged almost 80% more of the Manila rate. He explained why and I understood him. I'm happy that he was very transparent and honest about it, even suggesting to get other suppliers within the Tagaytay area. I told him that I'll get his services nevertheless, I wanted someone who knows their craft well.

We were currently pencil-booked with him for the wedding. I asked if he can meet my parents somewhere in Alabang to pay the booking fee, but he said he's very busy nowadays and can't afford to travel to Alabang. He'll have us booked even without the reservation fee. I said that we'll meet him a month before the wedding to pay the reservation fee and discuss the songs to be played. I'm confident that Elmer and his team will do wonders on our wedding day.

Emcee: Sweet Casuyon
Our caterer does not provide any freebies such as cake, emcee or bridal car. And I know that a good emcee play a vital role in any program. We wanted someone who can carry the program and be entertaining at the same time. We're thinking of getting either Ms. Missy and Ms. Sweet because of great reviews and feedback from fellow w@wies. Ms. Missy is unvailable on our wedding date, good thing Ms.Sweet still is. After inquiring with her and a bit of haggling, we came with an agreement and we booked her services as well! :)

OTD Coordinator: Once A Bride, Ms.Chi Hernandez-Abarquez
Having an OTD Coordinator is a must nowadays. And being an overseas couple, we see the need to have a coordinator more. There are not much suppliers that does not charge any OOT fee for Tagaytay wedding. This is one of the main reason why we got Once A Bride. Ms.Chi and her husband are actually from Cavite and that helps a lot in looking for other suppliers. Eventhough their team just started this year, they have more then 30 weddings under their belt and feedbacks have been positive. I know that they will be an outmost help come wedding day.



2 comments:

Dea said...

Hi Aleng,

I'm a Once a Bride/Tagaytay bride din. I got Elmer's email din regarding how hesitant he is about Tagaytay bookings. Medyo na-sad din ako because it was beyond our budget na. But I that I read your post in W@W about inexpensive Tagaytay venues, medyo nagka-pag-asa ako, hehe. :D I'll definitely check out the venues you mentioned in W@W.

See you around, and enjoy your preps! I'll add your blog on my bloglist, ha?

Regards,

Dea
http://deaguwapa.com

ålêng said...

Hi Dea! Thanks for visiting. :) Sige, I'll add you up din sa blogroll ko. Ako din nung una medyo na-dishearten ako nung nakuha ko yung rates ni Elmer, pero naisip ko, ok na lang din kasi yung sa Dynatek, same price sila ng qoute for Tagaytay weddings (di ako nag-ask, nakita ko lang sa isang supplier's rating) Maybe try mo din to check other lights and sounds around Tagaytay. Pero with Elmer naman, you know na ok talaga sila. :)

I'm happy nakatulong yung post ko about Tagaytay venues, mahirap talaga maghanap ng venue. Goodluck sis. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails